Commercial Lending Specialist
GROW THE CREDIT UNION:
- Coordinate pre-closing due diligence including obtaining and/or reviewing corporate and collateral documentation, i.e. certificates of existence, flood determinations, appraisals, lien searches and title searches.
- Accurately book & disburse loans upon receipt of executed documents, including establishment of memberships & opening of share accounts.
BE THE EXPERT:
- Accurately & efficiently prepare loan documentation for commercial loans, including but not limited to lines of credit, real estate secured, and renewals ensuring loan requests are compliant with credit approval, state & federal laws, regulations and internal lending policies & procedures.
- Accurately perform necessary post-closing requirements such as lien perfection, exception/tickler tracking, electronic imaging, and file preparation.
LIVE THE CULTURE:
- Assist loan officers with research on recorded documentation and clearing technical exceptions.
- Work closely with lenders, internal staff and commercial clients to facilitate and resolve issues/questions on new & existing loan transactions, memberships, online banking and other general areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of industry practices, products and professional growth opportunities.
- Associates degree with a major in Business, Paralegal or related field and/or equivalent work experience is required.
- Two to four years of commercial loan documentation and processing experience is desired.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial loan documentation, loan closing process & procedures, lending policies, compliance and lending regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of pre-closing requirements, i.e. establishing and perfecting lien position on various loan types.
- Proficiency with Laser Pro is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle competing priorities effectively and within established timeframes.
- Demonstrate a proficient use of technology tools and possess knowledge of basic system navigation skills.